A couple of days ago, we informed you about the second post-launch patch for Doom Eternal. And today, we are happy to report that Doom Eternal Update 2 is available for download on both Steam and the Bethesda Launcher, and Bethesda has revealed its complete changelog/release notes.
According to the release notes, Doom Eternal Update 2 brings a brand new Battlemode map. Moreover, the Castle Grayscale mini-event is now live. This event will run until July 2nd. Additionally, the team has made a number of improvements to address latency issues in Battlemode to ensure better matches.
Doom Eternal Patch 2 also brings more empowered demons to the campaign mode for an added challenge. Furthermore, it brings Boosters Menu and Photo Mode improvements.
It’s also worth noting that this update brings custom keybinds for Every Demon. As such, players can now use unique keybinds for demons in Battlemode.
Lastly, this patch comes with a number of fixes that you can find below.
Doom Eternal Update 2 Release Notes
Fixes for all platforms
- Fixed a number of exploits in the campaign that would allow the player to climb outside the maps
- Fixed pinned Weekly Challenges. Previously, if you pinned a weekly challenge and it expired, it stayed pinned
- Also fixed a number of graphical issues in the campaign where parts of the environment would temporarily pop in and out of view
- Fixed an issue on the Mission Select menu where secrets were not properly displaying as completed
- Fixed an issue where the Crucible would consume more ammunition than intended in some situations
- Also fixed an issue that prevented the Party Mode cheat code from activating properly
- Fixed an issue with the Chaingun Energy Shield mod in BATTLEMODE that prevented The Slayer from taking damage from any angle while active instead of just the front
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that cause the Carcass shield to not play sound on activation
- Also fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where demon players wouldn’t hear the Arbalest charging in some situations
- Fixed a rare issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf summon ability would become stuck on cooldown
- Fixed a crash that occurred when navigating the social and settings menus while the on-screen keyboard was active
- Also fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where power up pop-up text failed to display for Russian players
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the post-match screen in private matches
- Also fixed an issue that would allow the Energy Shield mod to remain active permanently after being destroyed by a rocket barrage
- Fixed an issue that prevented Archvile players from activating the Flame Wall ability in some certain situations
Fixes for PC only
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause projectiles from the Prowler, Cacodemon, Baron of Hell and Arachnotron to remain suspended in midair
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that caused the Marauder’s dash to not play sound for other players
- Using the Super Shotgun’s flaming Meathook on shield soldiers now correctly generates armor shards