Focus Home Interactive today announced Cities XXL; a bigger, better city builder pushing the city limits to the edge of players’ imagination. In addition, the publisher has unveiled a teaser trailer for it that can be viewed below.
Running on a vastly improved game engine, Cities XXL offers classic and extended city-building content, including over 1000+ buildings, 70+ maps including new landscapes and environments, and ecological features making CitiesXXL the ‘greenest’ Cities XL game yet.
CitiesXXL will let players design and build a sprawling metropolis across many different landscapes and maps, with varying available resources – from oil to fertile farm land – to keep the denizens of your city content. Featuring four classes of citizens spanning four densities of housing, players will watch as your cosmopolitan paradise grows from a quiet suburban town to huge economic powerhouse.
With varying road-sizes, including curved roads, bridges, and tunnels unlocked from the start, players will be able to plan the entrance to their city and its layout before they start plotting its city-scape.
Cities XXL features low-level city management mechanics, such as local air and noise pollution levels illustrated with the new stream-lined UI, and beauty hot-spots suitable for holiday locations to supplement cash-flow.
At citizen management level, you’ll be able to track a person’s route to work in order to best manage transport from sea, underground and over-ground rail, or air. Cut-down on traffic queues with the park and ride and busses, or even bike hire – reducing that carbon footprint!
Cities XXL will support Steam Workshop, meaning that players will be able to use widely available free tools online to create their content and upload it to the Steam Workshop, for all players to download it right through Steam.
To find out why Cities XXL helps you to build a bigger, better world, see the feature break-down below:
– Over 70 huge maps across multiple terrains and landscapes, from the tropics to the mountains and all in between.
– Region specific roads to match your country: French, English, German, etc.
– Over 1000 buildings, many with civilian activity animations to enjoy at street level
– Greener options for the environment conscious, such as the park and ride, bike hire, and ability to upgrade industrial buildings to reduce emissions
– Unprecedented detail for the city builder genre, with multiple sky-boxes to choose from and a dynamic time-of-day
– Steam Workshop support to easily create, share and download new content