The team behind CEMU has released a new version of its amazing WiiU emulator. This version fixes the visual artifacts when using higher resolutions in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and improves graphics in Bayonetta 2.
In addition, this new version of CEMU improves the loading times in Yoshi’s Woolly World, fixes some visuals in Splatoon, and adds a memory scanner.
CEMU 1.8.0 is now available to all patreon backers, and will be made available to everyone on May 30th.
Here is the complete changelog for CEMU 1.8.0:
- general: Added memory scanner (search and filter for values)
- general: If Cemu is maximized to fullscreen, it will remain on the same monitor rather than defaulting to the primary monitor
- RPL: Optimized loading of RPLs
- GX2: Cemu now uses separable shaders
Vertex, geometry and pixel shaders are split into separate and independent programs rather than bundling them into setsThis change breaks compatibility with pre-1.8.0 shader caches and graphic packs (if they contain shaders)
- GX2: Added support for using the same texture multiple times with different sampler parameters during a single drawcall
- GX2: Graphic pack texture rules will automatically scale gl_FragCoord
- GX2: Implemented shader instructions RECIPSQRT_FF and RECIP_FF
- GX2: GPU7 shader decompiler will output slightly more optimized GLSL code
- GX2: Better detection for invalidation of data in Streamout cache
- GX2: Optimized frequently used GX2 API
- GX2: Optimized texture decoding
- GX2: Added command line option ‘-nsight’ to allow debugging via NVIDIA Nsight