Merge Games announced today the imminent release of Cast of the Seven Godsends; a retro-style, gun ‘n run arcade game. As the press release reads, Cast of the Seven Godsends features four levels of difficulty, six worlds to conquer, twelve bosses, seven god-like armour sets, five basic weapons and thirty-five magic combat spells.
Raven Travel Studio’s Paolo Cattaneo said:
“Cast of the Seven Godsends has been a real labour of love and we have drawn heavily on arcade classics like Ghouls ‘n Ghosts and Ghosts ‘n Goblins. Cast of the Seven Godsends should prove and enjoyable challenge for arcade fans everywhere and we are extremely proud of the game we have created.”
Here are the game’s key features:
- Easy controls – only two buttons to play (shoot and jump)
- Six very different and long worlds to conquer
- Checkpoint save positions throughout worlds
- Five basic weapons to master
- Seven god-like armour sets
- 15 different bonus items to boost your hero
- Thirty-five magic combat spells to utilise
- Over 50 different enemies
- Twelve mid and end-of-level bosses
- Four difficulty levels
- Different endings
- Hand-drawn pixel graphics with a 16-bit look-and-feel
- Special art gallery with achievements to unlock
- Easter eggs to discover.
- Free soundtrack featuring thirteen retro tracks.
Cast of the Seven Godsends is scheduled for release in July 2015 for PC priced $6.99, €6.99 and £4.99. The game will be available on Steam and other leading digital distribution channels.