Ubisoft has released a new update for the PC version of Call of Juarez: Gunslinger. According to its changelog, this patch adds some new settings in video.scr file, displays extra directional arrows next to action keys during Quick Time Events sequences when played on mouse/keyboard and allows quick access to users’ profiles directly from any leaderboard menu. This update will be auto-downloaded from Steam and you can view its complete changelog below.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger Update 1.02 Changelog:
– Quick access to users’ profiles is now possible directly from any leaderboard menu
– New game option allows to “de-pimp” legendary weapons’ in order to use standard (regular) skins
– Extra directional arrows are now displayed next to action keys during Quick Time Events sequences when played on mouse/keyboard
– Slightly balanced Ranger’s possibilities of building score in Arcade mode
– Availability of the hit indicator in True West difficulty mode now depends on “crosshair” setting in the game’s options
– Changing game’s difficulty during the first mission doesn’t affect granting achievements after completing the playthrough on different difficulties – it now counts from the second mission on
– New settings available in video.scr file
– Additional characters in Japanese font allow for better displaying users’ nicks on leaderboards
– Fixed potential gameplay block on the mission “Bounty Hunter Is Still My Name”
– Fixed several inconsistencies of the Ranger, Rifle and Sawed-off Rifle animations
– Corrected Ranger’s Fast Aim bonus in Arcade Mode
– Fixed problem of restoring the video settings to default values on each launch of the game
– Fixed potential crash on re-launching the game after setting shadows quality to a value unobtainable on given configuration
– Fixed crash when using -safemode command line switch to reset video settings to default values
– Fixed some problems with audio playback, potentially leading to audio blackouts etc.
– Fixed mapping of audio channels on 4.0 quadrophonic output configurations
– Fixed potential crash after using Steam overlay in the leaderboards menu
– Workaround for apparent blocks when game is sent to background during loading
– Fixed some rare scenarios of losing game’s window after sending it to background
– Workaround for problems when booting the game on systems that have problems with video playback. Please follow instructions from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/download-windows-media-player in case of such problems.
– Minor tweaks and fixes in all localizations.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."