Infinity Ward has released a brand new update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. According to the release notes, the January 28th update fixes an exploit in Ground War via ATV. Moreover, it brings some weapon balance tweaks.
Furthermore, this patch adds Deathmatch Domination and Gunfight Custom, and removes Winter Docks. It also moves Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter.
This latest patch also comes with a PC-specific fix. This fix is related to the Xbox prompt that appears on the PC with a PS4 controller when trying access the Social Menu while matchmaking.
As always, Battlenet will download this update the next time you launch its client. You can also find below its complete changelog.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare January 28th Patch Notes
- Added Deathmatch Domination!
- Added Gunfight Custom!
- Shipment 24/7 is back! (Replaces Shoot the Ship)
- Removed Winter Docks
- Moved Capture the Flag into the Quick Play Filter
- MP5: Reduced headshot multiplier, Small reduction to 10mm range
- M4: Small damage decrease to reduce headshot effectiveness, Small range decrease
- M13: Range increase, Small reduction to horizontal recoil, Small damage increase to boost headshot effectiveness
- Crossbow: Players are able to shoot down an enemy Support Helo with only 3 Thermite Bolts. This has been adjusted; 5 to take down a VTOL and 6 to take down a Support Helo and Chopper Gunner
- Fix for an exploit in Ground War via ATV
- Fix for missing character model on the LA OpTic CDL skin
- Shipment: Spawn tuning to reduce the frequency of instant deaths and spawn traps. Adjustments to spawn positions around the edge of the map for all modes. New spawn logic for Domination.
- When using keyboard and mouse, a controller button prompt will appear to access the Social Menu while matchmaking. On PC with a PS4 controller, the button prompt will appear as an Xbox prompt. This has been fixed