Beamdog has announced a new expansion for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, called Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear adds a new chapter to the Bhaalspawn saga. The events occurring between Baldur’s Gate and Baldur’s Gate II are at last revealed in this 25-hour expansion pack.
Chris Avellone said:
“I wasn’t expecting Siege of Dragonspear to bridge Baldur’s Gate and its sequel the way it did, and I was pleasantly surprised, especially looking back from Baldur’s Gate II and seeing how the mid-prequel sets the stage for events to come. Siege made me feel as if I’d come home after a long absence to find old friends waiting for me, with the same life and spark I remembered from when they first journeyed by my side.”
Here are the key features for Baldur’s Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
- Expand Your Story: Explore new areas, fight new monsters, and win new rewards in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion to Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition. Continue the adventure by exporting your game to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition
- The Crusade Rises: A sharp and subtle adventure that pits you against an enigmatic new foe
- Explore the Sword Coast: Venture through vibrant new hand-painted areas in the classic style of the original Baldur’s Gate
- Gather Your Party: The original cast returns to kick butt for goodness – along with Neera, Rasaad, Dorn, and four new additions!
- To Infinity and Beyond: Updated UI and improved Infinity Engine features
- Extra Class: New items, quests, and a new class: the spirit-calling shaman!
- Venture Forth With A Friend: Functional, extensively tested cross-platform multiplayer on all supported platforms
- Story Mode: A difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens