AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 driver offers optimal performance in Call of Duty Vanguard and Forza Horizon 5. Moreover, it fixes the lighting/shadow issues in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Going into more details, this new driver increases performance by up to 23% in Forza Horizon 5 at 4K/Extreme Settings on an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT.
This driver also fixes two bugs. The first bug is one that affected Samsung Odyssey G9 C49G95T owners. The second is a visual artifact that could appear in Call of Duty: Warzone.
You can download this new driver from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 Driver Release Notes
- Call of Duty®: Vanguard
- Forza Horizon 5™
- Up to 23% increase in performance in Forza Horizon 5 @ 4K Extreme Settings, using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 21.11.1 on the 16 GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 21.10.2RS-426.
- Users may experience display corruption issues when they set their Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T monitor to 5120X1440 @ 240Hz.
- While playing Call of Duty®: Warzone, some users may observe visual artifacts when moving the cursor in the in-game menu.
- During Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy™ gameplay, some users may experience driver timeouts on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics. A temporary workaround is to disable the Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software.
- Some users may experience elevated disk space consumption by the Multimedia Athena Dumps folder.
- Visual artifacts may be observed while playing Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War on some AMD Graphics products such as Radeon™ RX 6800M Graphics.
- While playing PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ with multiple displays connected in extended mode, Radeon™ Software may become unresponsive when the user is in the lobby and attempts to open Radeon Software on the secondary display via the context menu. A temporary workaround is to press the Alt + R keyboard shortcut if this happens.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.