AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 driver is optimized for World War Z and Anno 1800.
Going into slightly more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 24% and 19% in Anno 1800 on the AMD Radeon VII and the AMD Radeon RX Vega 64, respectively.
Unfortunately, AMD has not listed any additional fixes for this new driver. There are some known issues listed like some screen flicker issues on the AMD Radeon VII in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running, as well as display flicker issues during video playback on some HDR enabled displays when using the Netflix Windows Store application.
Those interested can download this new driver from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2 Driver Release Notes
- World War Z™
- Up to 24% greater performance with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon™ VII in World War Z. RS-293
- Up to 19% greater performance with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.4.2, on a Radeon™ RX Vega 64 in World War Z. RS-292
- Anno 1800™
- AMD Radeon VII may experience screen flicker in multi display setups on desktop or while applications are running.
- Netflix™ Windows® Store application may experience display flicker during video playback on some HDR enabled displays.
- Performance metrics overlay and Radeon WattMan gauges may experience inaccurate fluctuating readings on AMD Radeon VII.
- Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
- System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 laptop when a wireless display is connected.