AMD has released a brand new driver for its graphics cards. According to the release notes, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 driver 19.9.2 offers optimal performance in Borderlands 3.
Going into more details, this new driver improves performance by up to 16% on the Radeon RX 5700 graphics card.
Furthermore, this driver makes Radeon Sharpening available on Radeon RX 590, Radeon RX 580, Radeon RX 570, Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 series desktop graphics products. Do note, however, that Radeon Sharpening will only work on DirectX 12 and Vulkan applications.
This new driver also fixes the bug that could cause the framerate to lock to 30 on some displays that were set to 75hz refresh rates when V-Sync was enabled. It also resolves some system instabilities on some Radeon RX 5700 systems when watching video content in a web browser.
As always, you can download the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Driver 19.9.2 from its official website. I’ve also included below its complete changelog.
AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Driver 19.9.2 Release Notes
- Borderlands 3
- Up to 16 % FPS improvement on the Radeon™ RX 5700 graphics card running Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.9.2 vs. 19.9.1 drivers.RS-312
- Radeon Image Sharpening
- Now available on Radeon RX 590, Radeon RX 580, Radeon RX 570, Radeon RX 480 and Radeon RX 470 series desktop graphics products for DirectX®12 and Vulkan® applications.
- With v-sync enabled FPS may be locked to 30 on some displays set to 75hz refresh rates.
- System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Radeon Settings may list core clocks as not available with some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice™ may exhibit texture corruption during later parts of the game.
- Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Discord™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when HW acceleration is enabled.
- Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
- Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
- HDMI® overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.