The Coalition Alpha Point Tech Demo

Watch The Coalition’s GDC 2021 Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo, Alpha Point

At GDC 2021, The Coalition presented a new Unreal Engine 5 tech demo, Alpha Point. And a few minutes ago, Epic Games released the full GDC presentation in which The Coalition shows and discusses the tech powering it.

Alpha Point uses both Nanite and Lumen, the main new tech features that Unreal Engine 5 brought to the table. Moreover, it uses new custom assets that were made specifically for this tech demo. As The Coalition states, it created 90% of the assets for this demo. The other 10% comes from Quixel’s Megascans.

Now as the team has noted, this tech demo does not represent any of its games that are currently in development. Still, it can give you an idea of what it has managed to achieve so far with this new engine.

The Alpha Point tech demo was running on Xbox Series X, and is not representative of final framerate targets or final input/output resolutions.

Lastly, this tech demo is not available to the public. As such, you won’t be able to run it on your PC system.

Enjoy!

The Coalition - Alpha Point Technical Demo on Unreal Engine 5

The Coalition - Character Rendering Test on Unreal Engine 5

The Making of “Alpha Point”—UE5 Technical Demo | GDC 2021

John Papadopoulos

John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards." Contact: Email