Pet Project Games and 3D Realms have released a new gameplay snippet of their upcoming horror FPS, Ripout. This snippet showcases the game’s lighting which, according to its devs, will play a crucial role in the game’s overall atmosphere.
Ripout is a co-op sci-fi horror FPS with customisable biotech weapon combat, that features the Living Pet Weapon (LPW) that absorbs advanced tech from downed mutants including shield, plasma and teleportation biotech upgrades. The game will be using Unreal Engine and from what we know so far, it will come out later this year. 3D Realms has not announced yet any release window.
In Ripout, lighting?plays a crucial role in the game's overall atmosphere. Just be careful when the lights go out… ?
— Ripout Game (@RipoutGame) May 10, 2022
Lastly, here are the game’s key features:
Cooperative PVE Gameplay
- Embark on a variety of missions and explore derelict ships alone or in small teams.
High Variety of Reconfigurable Monsters
- Fight genetically altered beings who are able to strengthen and reconfigure themselves by attaching smaller mutants to their bodies. The player will never know what to expect from their enemies!
Living Pet Gun
- Stand your ground using your trusty Pet Gun and harness the power of the sentient biotech yourself and turn it against your foe.
Weapon Modifications and Character Classes
- Customize your weapon and choose between multiple character specializations to find the perfect mix for your playstyle.
Quick, Action-Packed Missions
- Explore countless derelict ships in various short, 10–20-minute missions and prepare for the unexpected; you’ll never know what horrors lurk around the corner.
Procedurally Generated Levels
- Enjoy endless replayability and suspense, thanks to our procedurally generated level design.
- Expect a challenge for teams of all sizes, thanks to Ripout’s scaling difficulty.