GTFO is a four-player PvE first-person shooter, which is currently on pre-alpha phase. 10 Chambers Collective, the developers, hosted a closed alpha on the weekend.
While this is a very early state of development, as they say, according to Mack the game is far from great, at least as it is right now. Firstly, the game does not look very pretty. The shooting is not satisfactory and neither are the sounds. The animations also look cheap and the stealth looks bad.
Also the design of the monsters looks weird. They remind me of the Leviathans from Supernatural. Like I said this is a pre-alpha, so everything could change for the better. The game will be released on Steam Early Access so I will wait for the final version. Let us hope the game will end up great.
GTFO is a 4 player action/horror cooperative game for those looking for a real challenge. Players get to play as a team of scavengers, forced to explore and extract valuable artefacts from a vast underground complex that has been overrun by horrifying monsters. Players will also gather weapons, tools and resources to help them survive – and work to unearth the answers about your past and how to escape.
Below you can find its key features:
- 4 player cooperative PvE gameplay that puts you and your teammates through the ultimate co-op test.
- Together, explore treacherous environments that are both creepy and enchanting.
- Plan your expedition, equip and operate tools, combine your firepower, communicate and coordinate as a team – every detail counts if you are to survive the nightmare.
- Come prepared! Search the complex for better gear to take on new, harder challenges.
- Characters and dialog written by Adam Gascoine.
- Nightmarish atmosphere accompanied by music from acclaimed composer Simon Viklund.
The game will come out in 2019.