Codemasters & Koch Media today released a new DiRT 4 trailer where professional rally and rallycross drivers, including Kris Meeke, double world champion Petter Solberg and the Hansen brothers, talk about how they compete against fear as they push to go faster and finish on the top step of the podium.
DiRT 4 aims to puts players at the wheel of some of the world’s most iconic and powerful off-road vehicles as they test themselves against the road and the elements in a battle against the clock. There is also multicar racing in rallycross and landrush where players will have to be brave and fast in order to take the chequered flag.
World renowned rally driver Kris Meeke, who worked as a handling consultant on DiRT 4, said:
“You have to forget about the fear factor. It’s purely about winning or losing. That’s the real special element in rally.”
Petter Solberg added:
“If you believe in yourself a lot, you know you will jump in the car again and be fast… I won three races in a row after probably the biggest ever accident in rally. It’s about how much you want it!”
Featuring two different handling models, Gamer and Simulation, DiRT 4 offers both depth and accessibility for players old and new to the franchise. The game’s Your Stage system promises to allow players to produce a near infinite number of unique rally stages at the touch of a button. Your Stage allows experienced rally players to create longer, more technical routes, whilst newcomers can create simpler shorter routes as they hone their skills.
Here are the game’s key features:
- OVER 50 OF THE MOST BREATH-TAKING OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Including the Ford Fiesta R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI, Subaru WRX STI NR4 and Audi Sport quattro S1 E2
- 5 INCREDIBLE RALLY LOCATIONS WITH MILLIONS OF ROUTES – Australia, Spain, Michigan, Sweden & Wales
- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Montalegre, Lohéac Bretagne, Hell, Holjes & Lydden Hill in a multitude of different series
- LANDRUSH – Short-course dirt track racing in Pro Buggies, Pro-2 Trucks, Pro-4 Trucks and Crosskart vehicles in California, Nevada and Mexico
- DiRT ACADEMY – Taking place at the DirtFish Rally School in Washington, USA, learn the skills, techniques and practice to become the best
- JOYRIDE – DirtFish becomes your personal playground for time attack challenges, smash attack challenges and a free roam area
- CAREER MODE – create your driver, compete across the disciplines, gain sponsors and build your team with clear goals and rewards
- COMPETITIVE GAMING – Daily, weekly and month-long challenges against fellow players from around the world
- NEXT GENERATION OF RACENET – Live ladder, tournaments and cross-platform leaderboards
- TUNING – Tweak your set-up based on vehicle, track and weather conditions to best suit your racing style
- DAMAGE & REPAIRS – Wear and tear is faithfully recreated with an improved and realistic damage model. Damage can be repaired by hiring Engineers to work in the team’s Service Area between stages but with a finite amount of time available.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”