Yager has released a new trailer for its upcoming match-based sci-fi first person shooter, The Cycle, showcasing 2 minutes of alpha gameplay footage. The Cycle is described as a match-based FPS where you compete to fulfill contracts (quests) during a match that lasts approximately 20 minutes.
In The Cycle the explored galaxy is controlled by massive Factions, but the mysterious outer reaches are still up for grabs. In their race to control these frontier resources, the Factions need contractors to do their dirty work. You are one of these contractors, competing for objectives such as collecting minerals or hunting wildlife while being careful to avoid or take down the competition.
Yager aims to release the game at the end of 2018 and below you can find its key features.
- A new Frontier: Explore the world of Fortuna III – a hostile, beautiful new world, full of fortune, alien life, and other players looking to take its riches.
- Storm: The cycle leaves only a narrow window of opportunity – stay too long, and you will be trapped on the planet.
- Pacting: Players can meet on the surface of Fortuna III and join uneasy alliances with one another as they complete contracts
- Black Market: Players have a wide arsenal of weapons and gear available to them, all with different playstyles, that can be purchased during a match
- Crafting: Players can spend their precious credits on creating new gear to take into the next match
- Quests: Shooting may give you an edge – but the best prospectors are those who can take on dangerous jobs for factions during a match
- Customization: A wide selection of gear that players progress through, tailoring their character to their individual playstyle, with more options regularly added