Alongside the PC announcement trailer, Square Enix has released the first official PC screenshots for Final Fantasy XV. Final Fantasy XV is coming to the PC in early 2018, will use a number of NVIDIA GameWorks effects, and will support a first-person camera mode.
Going into more details, here are the NVIDIA GameWorks effects that will be supported:
- NVIDIA Flow – creates vivid, combustible fluid, fire and smoke.
- NVIDIA HairWorks – creates dynamic, life-like hair and fur for characters, animals and monsters that inhabit the game.
- NVIDIA ShadowWorks – enables characters to cast shadows on themselves.
- NVIDIA Turf Effects – creates life-like grass and vegetation in the game environment.
- NVIDIA VXAO – adds depth and realism based on the physics principles shadows and light
Hajime Tabata, Director of FINAL FANTASY XV, said:
“With the help of NVIDIA, we are creating a stunning visual experience in FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, one worthy of this beloved franchise. NVIDIA pushes the pace of innovation in our industry, and that benefits gamers and developers alike.”
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”