FromSoftware has released a brand new update for Elden Ring. According to the release notes, Patch 1.05 adds some new elements to the game. Moreover, it fixes numerous bugs and glitches that plagued the game.
Going into more details, Update 1.5 adds emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu. It also changes some Bell Bearing items so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
This patch also comes with some PC-specific tweaks. For instance, it adds keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in “PRESS ANY BUTTON” on the title screen. It also fixes a bug that slowed performance when changing “Screen Mode” and “Resolution” in a special procedure.
As always, Steam will download this update the next time you launch its client. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Elden Ring Patch 1.05 Release Notes
- In transactions with the NPC “Twin Maiden Husk”, the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their liberated status will be carried over to the NG+ play.
Bone Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Meat Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Medicine Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Gravity Stone Peddler’s Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner’s Bell Bearing/Somberstone Miner’s Bell Bearing/Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker’s Bell Bearing
- Added emphasis to the choice of the Sacred Flask and several other options that can be strengthened in the grace menu
- Added sound effects when other players’ summon signs appear
Bug fixes #1
- Fixed a bug where equipment could be changed from the equipment menu during the use of a skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the “War Cry” skill where the effect was applied to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
- Also fixed a bug where some actions of the “Barbaric Roar”, “War Cry”, and “Troll’s Roar” recovery time was longer than expected.
- Fixed a bug where the effects of the “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” skill does not always wear off with certain weapons.
- Fixed a bug in which some attacks of the “Ice Spear” skill are unguardable.
- Also fixed a bug that caused the attack power of some skills to be reduced when using the “Golden Vow” skill.
- Fixed a bug that the light wave of the “Moonlight Greatsword” skill sometimes does not aim at the locked-on target.
- Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the “Seppuku” skill under certain circumstances.
- Also fixed a bug that caused the increase in attack power of the “Seppuku” skill to be higher than expected for some attack motions.
- Fixed a bug in which a status effect was applied when using the “Hoarah Loux’s Earthshaker” skill.
- Fixed a bug where the “Waves of Darkness” skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning cleave.
- Also fixed a bug that caused unintended motions to be played when switching to a different sorceries or incantations while using a sorcery or incantation.
Bug fixes #2
- Fixed a bug that the FP consumption increased when using the sorceries “Magma Shot” and “Roiling Magma” while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where the “Claw Talisman” effect was not applied when jumping with the “Starscourge Greatsword” in both hands.
- Also fixed a bug that the power of two-handed attacks except jump attack of the weapon “Golem’s Halberd ” is different from expected.
- Fixed a bug that when using the weapon “Pulley Crossbow” with the left hand while the right hand weapon was given an attribute by magic or item, the effect was given to the “Pulley Crossbow” as well.
- Fixed a bug in which arrows and bolts that did not match the type of long-range weapon could be released in certain procedures.
- Also fixed a bug in which guard boost was reduced when some weapons were strengthened to the maximum.
- Fixed a bug in which the attributes of weapons could be changed while the inventory had reached its maximum capacity and the ashes of war could not be changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the boss “Malenia, Goddess of Rot” to have low HP under certain circumstances.
- Also fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where, when a boss is defeated in the host’s world as a cooperative player, the same boss may not appear in your world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the battle with the boss “God-Devouring Serpent” from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Also fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from appearing under certain circumstances.
Bug fixes #3
- Fixed a bug that prevented the event of the NPC “Alexander, Warrior Jar” from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the item “Sacred Flask” is not restored after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
- Also fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the boss “Starscourge Radahn”, the user could not move from the map to the grace.
*If you cannot move from the map to the grace, you can move to the grace by touching the grace “Starscourge Radahn”.
- Fixed a bug that prevented found sites of grace from registering on the map under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being able to be touched when approached under certain circumstances.
- Also fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind from hitting in hostile multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused performance to slow down when the “Sentry’s Torch” weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
Bug fixes #5
- Improved stability of online multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than expected in some situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to become inoperable and die in certain locations.
- Also fixed a bug in which the drawing and hit detection were different than expected in some maps.
- Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
- Fixed some texts.
- Several other performance improvements and bug fixes
Additions and modifications for PC version only
- Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be input in “PRESS ANY BUTTON” on the title screen.
- Added “Return to Desktop” to the system item on the main menu for exiting the game.
- Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
- Fixed a bug that slowed performance when changing “Screen Mode” and “Resolution” in a special procedure.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”