Nihon Falcom made the announcement via their twitter, found below in Japanese. No official word on whether that counts Humble Bundle sales; the title was included in a weekly humble bundle at one point, if buyers paid $6 dollars or more.
— ??????? (@nihonfalcom) January 11, 2015
Regardless of the potential unit sales split amongst distributors, when we have community efforts such as the original Dark Souls petition or the SEGA PC Ports effort, it is very encouraging to continually see strong sales of Japanese content on our chosen platform.
It can only mean more games from Japanese studios on PC. To put these figures into context, I’ve included Japanese sales of some previous Ys titles below:
- PS2 2003-08-07 1519 Ys I & II Eternal Story Digicube 6800 45,973
- PS2 2005-05-26 2179 Ys IV Mask of the Sun – A New Theory Taito 6090 6,701
- PSP 2009-07-16 3635 Ys I & II Chronicles Falcom 5040 32,997
- PSP 2009-09-17 3707 Ys 7 Falcom 6090 68,587
- PSP 2010-03-18 4895 Ys I & II & Seven Set Nihon Falcom 0 4,259
- PSP 2010-04-22 3950 Ys: Oath of Felghana Falcom 5040 37,244
- PSP 2010-07-29 4488 Alternative Ys Sora VS Saga Falcom 6090 54,135
- PSV 2012-09-27 5667 Ys: Foliage Ocean in Celceta Falcom 7140 42,905
Sales sourced from Game Graphing.
(Spencer is our new member and was responsible for writing the #SEGAPCPorts petition).