EGOSOFT announced today that it will significantly enlarge its current title X4: Foundations at the end of the month. Both the free Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, will come out on Steam and GOG on March 31st, giving space game enthusiasts the perfect opportunity to newly discover or revisit the biggest space sandbox this side of the galaxy.
According to the press release, Update 3.0 introduces diplomatic missions: “A lever to move the world”. As EGOSOFT noted, this will be the biggest update since the release of X4: Foundations.
In addition to a new unlockable game start and three new, stand-alone tutorial scenarios to welcome new pilots to the X universe, X4: Foundations players will also benefit from numerous new gameplay elements with Update 3.0. X4: Foundations will also receive French voice recordings for the first time.
The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes.
You can find the complete changelog here. Below you can also find its main features.
X4: Foundations Update 3.0 Key Features
- New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: “A lever to move the worlds”
- Also new systems to discover, experience and conquer
- Added French voice recordings
- 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
- New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
- New unlockable game start
- Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Configurable alert system
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit
- Policing options for player-owned space
- Several new weapons
- Improved graphics engine
- Improved sound effects
- Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
- More control over drones and turrets
- Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
- Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
- Search facility for Logbook