Microsoft announced today a remastered version of Voodoo Vince. Developed by Beep Games, Voodoo Vince: Remastered is a quirky puzzle platformer set in the magical underbelly of New Orleans, that is currently planned for an early 2017 release.
Clayton Kauzlaric, creator of Voodoo Vince, said:
“I’m super excited to bring Voodoo Vince back. Backward compatibility was never possible due to the nature of our game engine, but the ID@Xbox program got me thinking about publishing an HD remastered version independently, with much of the game rewritten from the ground up to run on newer hardware. The folks at Microsoft have been amazingly supportive of the idea.”
Here are the key features of Voodoo Vince: Remastered:
- Classic puzzle platforming gameplay that has been preserved exactly as it was in the original
- Gorgeous high-def visuals: 1080p resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio and updated rendering and visual effects
- 60 fps gameplay – Voodoo Vince plays like butter!
- Select soundtrack updates and remixes by the game’s original composer, Steve Kirk
- Xbox LIVE integration and achievements
- Rumble/haptic feedback
- Loads of Snark-ariffic, sarcastic humor