Bethesda has revealed the changes that will be coming via the first post-launch patches for Fallout 76. According to the developers, the first patch for Fallout 76 will be released this Monday and will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platforms. Moreover, this patch will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more.
However, what’s really interesting here is that the next patches that will be released will address some PC-specific issues. For example, a patch that will come out before 2019 will add a FOV slider, will implement the highly requested push to talk functionality and will add support for 21:9 monitors.
Now I’m pretty sure that most PC gamers will say that Bethesda should had implemented these features from the get-go but hey, it’s at least good that team is addressing them. Still, if you cannot wait for the in-game FOV slider, you can go ahead and change the FOV via the game’s .ini configuration file.
Below you can find all the upcoming changes that will be coming to Fallout 76 in 2018.
- November 19 Patch – The next update will focus primarily on game performance and stability on all platformsbut will also come with a list of fixes to quests, UI, C.A.M.P.s, and more. Patch notes will be available early next week. This update will be large compared to what we expect for patches going forward. Regular updates will always vary in size, but future updates should be much smaller in comparison.
- Stash Limit Increase – We hear you loud and clear. We will be increasing the stash limit in the coming weeks. The current limit is there for technical reasons, to cap the number of items the game is tracking in the world, including every container and stash. We believe we have some ideas in both the short- and long-term that will address the size without risking stability, but this is one we need to take our time on to make sure it is done right.
- Push to Talk for PC – After listening to all of your concerns, we have made progress on getting this into the game and it will also be included in an update in the next few weeks.
- Ultrawide Support for PC – 21:9 support will be coming soon. We have seen it in testing and it looks awesome.
- FOV Slider for PC – We know this is popular request for our PC players— look for an FOV slider soon.