A couple of hours ago, we informed you about the release of Inexistence Rebirth. However, we have another cool game for all our Metroidvania fans. Two Bit Hero is a classic retro metroidvaniawith (mostly) black and white graphics that is now available on the PC.
In Two Bit Hero, citizens have been trapped inside a skyscraper and you have to get in, power up, defeat the bad guys, save the people and get out again.
Here are the game’s key features.
- Handcrafted Experience – Nothing is random
- Two large maps to explore – They are the same and yet different
- Carefully balanced gameplay – You’ll have to glitch between both realities to progress
- Power up your character by collecting items spread throughout both maps
- Retro look and feel – Includes chiptune music by Trevor Lentz (X-O Planets, Citadale, Neon.Code)
- Easy mode for newcomers to the genre
- Three different endings
Lastly, you can find below a gameplay trailer for Two Bit Hero. Similarly to Inexistence Rebirth, this game is created by a single person. Also note that due to limitations with the engine, some controllers, like 8bitdo gamepads, may not work properly.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”