Jonathan Brassaud has announced the release of the lovely 16-bit metroidvania game, Inexistence Rebirth. In this game, players will run in a vast world full of mysteries and action. And, as you may have guessed, this game is inspired by the classics of the 16-bit era.
Here are the game’s key features.
- New engine, more powerful and faster
- Gameplay redesign to be more dynamic
- Content 3 times larger than the basic version, with new stages, enemies, etc…
- Redesign of the graphics and level design
- Add a real mini map for a more Metroidvania rendering
- Add a skill system to unlock new sill in battle, according to the player’s choice
- New game modes and side quests for more post game content
Inexistence Rebirth features many varied places, in a pixel art style worthy of the great hits of the SNES era. Moreover, it has RPG elements, meaning that players can customize the stats and equipment of heroes, and get new abilities as they go. Moreover, players will find varied bestiary, with imposing bosses, as well as many quests and hidden places. Lastly, the game features multiple difficulty levels.
Below you can find a gameplay trailer that showcases what this indie game is all about.