SEGA today announced that Total War: ROME REMASTERED will release on April 29th. Created in collaboration with Feral Interactive, this comprehensive remaster allows players to relive this strategy game thanks to a suite of visual and gameplay improvements.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED aims to deliver a modern gaming experience all whilst maintaining the original Total War formula. The game will have new and improved features. For instance, it will pack fully overhauled visuals, ultra-high-definition resolution support, an expanded faction roster and improved accessibility.
Rob Bartholomew, Chief Product Officer at Creative Assembly, said:
“What better excuse than the 20th year of Total War to revisit a grand master? The original release of Rome marks a special time for us as our first major break-out title; it’s amazing to get the opportunity to Remaster it with our friends at Feral.”
David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive, added:
“Working to remaster a classic such as Rome, has been an exhilarating challenge: a bit like recutting the crown jewels. We are happy with the result and hope that fans of this fantastic franchise will be too.”
Here are the key features of Total War: ROME REMASTERED.
Total War: ROME REMASTERED Key Features
- Improved Visuals. Total War: ROME REMASTERED ushers the classic strategy title into the modern gaming era with full 4K visuals, native support for ultra-high-definition resolution and overhauled environment, battlefield, and character models.
- New Gameplay Content. Wage war across new fronts with 16 previously unplayable factions to play on top of the original 22, and send the new Merchant agents on missions to establish lucrative trade networks across the map, buy out rival Merchants, and assert your empire’s economic power.
- Modernised Features. Players can exercise more control than ever with new features such as a tactical map during battles, plus heat maps and icon overlays in campaign mode. Existing mechanics have also been improved, including an overhauled diplomacy system, wider camera zoom levels throughout the game, and camera rotation on the campaign map.
- Improved Help Systems. A swathe of improved support has been added, including a redesigned tutorial, a new in-game Wiki, expansive advice and tooltips, and improved accessibility for colour blind players.
- Cross-platform Multiplayer. Players can enjoy cross-platform PVP multiplayer between Windows, macOS and Linux, a first for the Total War franchise.
- Complete Original Content. Total War: ROME REMASTERED includes the Barbarian Invasion and Alexander expansions in glorious new detail, and players will also gain access to the original ROME: Total War Collection (only playable on Windows).
Lastly, here is the game’s announcement trailer!