Last month, we shared some new screenshots from the Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake, Tomb Raider The Dagger Of Xian. And today, we are happy to report that a brand new version of it is available for download.
According to Nicobass, Version 1.2 adds new water simulation rendering, as well as new volumetric lighting. Moreover, the game now uses Unreal Engine 4.21, and features a Photo Mode.
It’s also worth noting that this new version of this Tomb Raider remake in Unreal Engine 4 comes with a number of performance improvements. It also allows for more foliage interaction, adds new dead body models, brings small improvements about Lara’s animations and more.
You can download Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake V1.2 from here. Below you can also find its complete changelog.
Tomb Raider 2 Fan Remake Version 1.2 Release Notes
- Switch from 4.15 to 4.21 Unreal Engine version
- Photo-mode added in the pause menu, snapshots are saved at C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\TombRaiderDOX\Saved\Screenshots\WindowsNoEditor
- New water simulation rendering (can be turn off in graphics options)
- New volumetric lighting (can be turn off in graphics options), it also should make some interior place a little bit brighter
- Climbable ledges should be more visible with some white decals (can be adjusted or turn off in game options)
- New alternative outfit added in the rewards menu (for playing with it, simply select it in the outfit menu before launching a new game)
- More characters models added in the rewards menu
- New fish models reacting to the player’s movements
- New dead body models
- Small improvements about Lara’s animations, especially when she start and stop running
- Adjustements of the body shape of Lara for something a little bit more realistic
- More foliage interaction especially for cave’s area and underwater
- Better crow’s animation in the first cinematic
- Remaking of the audio reverb system
- Improvements of the underwater particles
- Kick and interact are now on the same input cause the previous kick input will be used for another thing in the futur, like in Tomb Raider Underworld (reset the binding configuration to the default state to see the correct input name)
- Tiger will move backward if Lara is stucked between him and an obstacle
- Performance improvements
- Many small bug fixes