Ubisoft has announced that October 15th will be the release date for its latest content update for the live open-world game Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. In addition, Players who have not yet had a chance to play The Division 2 will have the opportunity to try the game for free.
Title Update 6 highlights The Division 2’s biggest title update to date for players. This update features “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle”, a variety of game improvements and a new Conflict PvP mode. Episode 2 is available for Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers on October 15th (October 22nd for all players). All changes and improvements, as well as the new mode, are available for all players on October 15th.
In Episode 2, players must fight to solve the ongoing outbreak crisis. Therefore, it will be up to Agents to uncover the secrets inside the Pentagon before it falls into the hands of The Black Tusk.
Content featured in “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle” includes two new main missions and a new Technician Specialization.
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2.
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
From October 15th, Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will instantly unlock the Technician Specialisation. Players who do not own the Year 1 Pass can unlock the specialisation by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialisation is unlocked. The latest specialisation includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Classified Assignments (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers) Agents can also take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in America’s capital. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.
The latest title update will also bring an unprecedented number of fixes and improvements, as well as a brand new PvP mode. Players will see significant game improvements in The Division 2 from October 15th. These improvements were developed thanks to community feedback on game forums and following last month’s Elite Task Force workshop, during which community members visited Ubisoft Massive studio in Malmö, Sweden to share thoughts and ideas about the game. Therefore, some of the fixes and improvements are:
- Targeted Loot
- Named Items overhauled
- Crafting Changes
- Recalibration Changes
- Filled Brands
- Inventory Management 2.0
- Increased stash space
- Rebalance of talents and weapons
- Dark Zone Server Transfers
- Updated Thieves’ Den Vendor
- Dark Zone Supply Drops Changes
- Occupied Dark Zone Ambushes
- Normalization in Dark Zone changes
- Conflict: Loadout Selection during map voting
- Bonus armor visualization increased
- Conflict: End of Match Rewards changes
- Stored tutorials
As part of Ubisoft’s commitment to the overall fixes and improvements to the game, The Division 2’s second raid will be delayed. The additional time allows the development team to focus on the overall quality of The Division 2, while developing a raid that will better meet the standards of its players.
The new Team Elimination PvP mode pits two teams of four into a best-of-seven round battle. Rounds will end once an entire team has been eliminated or time has expired. Team Elimination provides a teamwork focused tactical experience for players. Team Elimination takes effect on October 15th.
Furthermore, the new map ‘Wharf’ is on par with previous PvP maps in terms of size and takes players to an abandoned fishing harbour. It offers tactical gameplay opportunities, through flanking routes and raised positions.
Lastly, players who have not yet had a chance to play The Division 2 will have the opportunity to try the game for free between October 17th-20th.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”