Electronic Arts and Respawn have announced that the Operation Frontier Shield update for Titanfall 2 will introduce a new PvE mode that will support 4-player co-op. In order to celebrate this announcement, EA released a new trailer dedicated to this update that can be viewed below.
In Frontier Defense, players are tasked with protecting the Harvester through multiple waves of coordinated enemies all hellbent on taking it down. Here are the key features of this new mode.
- Co-op 4 player mode.
- Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
- Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools like Batteries, Arc Traps, Sentries, and more.
- Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
- There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
- New Titan Progression – ‘Aegis Ranks’
- Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
- New, challenging enemy types to battle.
- 5 maps supported at launch
- Forwardbase Kodai
- War Games
- Blackwater Canal
- We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
- We’ll be showing more of Frontier Defense in an upcoming tutorial video around launch.
This new update will also add a remastered map from the original Titanfall, Rise, and a new Live Fire map, Township, which models an idyllic small-town environment with open thoroughfares and small buildings with intense close-quarters combat.
This update will be made available on July 25th for free to all owners of the game.