Respawn has detailed the first PC update for Titanfall 2. This first patch will come with stability and GPU performance improvements, increased performance of streaming textures, and will introduce adaptive resolution scaling.
Adaptive resolution scaling will be helpful to all owners of low-end GPUs that want to experience the game, or for those that want to run the game in 4K.
As Respawn stated:
“This feature allows the game to downscale the rendered image to help maintain a consistent framerate. This will be especially helpful for our users running lower spec video cards, allowing them to maintain 60fps more often, as well as those of you running 4K monitors with more midrange GPUs. Adaptive Resolution uses TSAA’s resolve step to output to screen, thus the feature is only enabled when TSAA is enabled.”
This patch will also fix disappearing grapple rope with TSAA enabled, will adjust Recommended settings for lower end GPUs, will fix subtitles being stretched in 21:9 ratios, and will fix some rare hardlocks and crashes.
This update is available right now, and will be auto-downloaded from Origin.
Here is the complete changelog for Titanfall 2’s first PC update:
- Stability and GPU performance improvements
- Titan weakspot highlighting respects colorblind settings
- Reduced stuttering and playback issues with voice chat
- Improved speed of allocating Private Match dedicated servers
- Adjusted Recommended settings for lower end GPUs
- Reduced hitching when changing between no antialiasing and TSAA
- Increased performance of streaming textures, reducing stalls and hitches
- Archer and Thunderbolt now go to Aim-Down-Sights when wallhanging (oops!)
- Better Network chatroom moderation tools
- Fixed various grapple gameplay issues
- Fixed Kraber shots going through Bubble Shield
- Fixed certain combinations of weapon mods and menu selection resulting in no weapon model showing in customization menus
- Fixed spawning halfway underground after playing third person animations in Kill Replay
- Fixed tracker lock-on HUD elements not reliably showing up during Kill Replay
- Fixed Titan executions not triggering reliably
- Fixed mantling up stairs
- Fixed incorrect aspect ratio when switching from fullscreen 1920×1080 to windowed 1600×900
- Fixed some rare hardlocks and crashes
- Fixed subtitles being stretched in 21:9 ratios
- Fixed race condition when accepting Origin game invite with application closed
- Fixed some display issues in Networks lobbies
- Fixed disappearing grapple rope with TSAA enabled
- Fixed NVIDIA Surround crash