Denroth has released a brand new mod for The Witcher 3 that brings 4K textures to the main female roster of the game. In other words, this mod improves Ciri, Yennefer and Triss Merigold. Alongside the new 4K textures, the modder has also brought some additional improvements.
For instance, this mod features better hair for all three female characters, new eyelashes and better eyes. It also brings enhanced skin pores, better hands and feet, as well as new intimate areas. Denroth has also added new personal textures for each character (which do not affect other NPCs), and maps re-elaborated in high definition. Players can also increase the LOD for these models, though this introduces some bugs.
Due to changes to the LOD to allow the loading of textures in high definition, it is necessary to follow the following procedure. Otherwise, the faces of the characters will appear melted.
- “If you are an expert user with the user. settings file of The Witcher 3, you just need to change the MeshLODDistanceScale parameter and set the value to 10 or 2.
- If you are an inexperienced user, I suggest you install Tweaks mod by TookaFace that allows for further Graphical modifications and shows the hidden graphical settings.
- After installing the Tweaks mod, go to the main menu> to Video Settings> to Graphics Settings.
- Scroll down until you find “Quality Textures” and set the value to “Supreme” or “Ultimate”.
- Once this is done, continue scrolling down until you find the “Mesh LOD Distance Scale” item and set this value to 10 or 2.”
You can download this 4K Reworked Women mod for The Witcher 3 from here. I’ve also included below some screenshots that showcase the new 3D models/outfits.