Raw Fury has announced a brand new first-person tech-noir mystery adventure game for the PC, The Signifier. According to the team, The Signifier aims to blend investigation, experimental psychology, and artificial intelligence. Moreover, Raw Fury released the game’s debut trailer that you can find below.
In The Signifier, players will step into the role of Frederick Russell; an expert in AI and psychology, and the main researcher behind an experimental deep brain scanner called the Dreamwalker. Dreamwalker packs a controversial technology that allows the exploration of the recorded senses and unconscious realms of the mind.
Russell will find himself thrust into a spiral of intrigue when asked to use his creation after the vice president of the world’s biggest tech company turns up dead in her apartment. Thus, players will explore the real and surreal worlds, become immersed in fringe psychology, solve puzzles, and find the truth.
Here are also the game’s key features:
- Three coexisting dimensions to explore: reality, and the objective memories and subjective dreams in the mindscape
- Move between realms to solve puzzles, unlock new dialog branches, and unravel the mystery
- Learn psychological concepts to use powers and tools for navigating the strange and unpredictable unconsciousness
- Every challenge is part of the mystery that creates unique moments with no filler
- A multi-layer narrative that spirals into a complex web of real-world intrigue as surreal suspense
- Get immersed in thought provoking tension, free from jump scares
- Question the implications of AI, intrusion to the consciousness, privacy, and whether we see the world as it is or a subjective creation of our minds
There is currently no ETA on when the game will come out, however, we’ll be sure to keep you posted.