Obsidian has released a brand new update for The Outer Worlds. According to the release notes, patch 1.1 a crash occurring at Tartarus. Moreover, it provides a toggle to increase the font size of conversations.
This patch also comes with some Quest fixes. For instance, it packs a fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party. Furthermore, Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship.
As always, the Epic Games Store will download this patch the next time you launch its client. You can also find below its complete changelog.
The Outer Worlds Patch 1.1 Release Notes
Top Community Requests:
- The game crashing at a specific point when the player has reached Tartarus has been resolved
- Toggle to increase the font size (found in the UI tab under Settings). Increases font for conversation text, cinematic subtitles, bark subtitles, and terminal text.
- Players will no longer experience muffled sounds when playing on the PlayStation 4
- The Prismatic Hammer has been rebalanced and no longer incorrectly uses the level multiplier as an exponent instead of a multiplier and will no longer do 10s of thousands of points of damage at a higher level. Now deals the damage it should have been dealing all along
- Existing Botched companion quests will have their status reset to Active allowing the player to add them to a party when leaving the ship in order to un-botch the quests, unless the death occurred prior to unlocking the companion quest
- Fix for “Radio Free Monarch” where issues would happen when talking to Nayoka while having SAM in your party
- Foliage on the Xbox One now has parity with the foliage on PlayStation 4
- The achievement/trophy for “It’s Not the Best Choice” will pop correctly