Box Hedge Games has announced that it is working on a genuine 2D action?platformer reminiscent of video games from the late 80’s and early 90’s, called Super Mighty Power Man. According to the press release, Super Mighty Power Man will be like games found on the NES console when fun was more than QTE, lengthy tutorials, and never?ending cinematics.
Super Mighty Power Man is greatly inspired by the famous Mega Man game series as well as others including: Castlevania, Contra, Duck Tales, Kirby, Super Mario Bros. and more recent ones like VVVVVV, Retro City Rampage and Shovel Knight.
In Super Mighty Power Man, players will take control of Corey, a boy who accidentally finds himself caught in a most unexpected adventure to save the galaxy. Helped by a clumsy extraterrestrial robot named Robby, and armed with a mysterious device called ‘The Power Grasp’, Corey must defend the Earth from the spreading evil forces of General Mok. He will need to fight (and jump) his way through deadly environments, hordes of monsters, and other hazardous traps to free occupied planets from the tyranny of his enemy’s lieutenants.
Although there isn’t any release date yet, Box Hedge Games will soon launch a Kickstarter campaign for Super Mighty Power Man.
Here are the game’s key features:
- Experience a 2D action?platformer in the purest NES form without sacrificing any of today’s technological advancements.
- Ability to switch between 8 different suits and master their respective weapons and abilities!
- Excellent responsive controls to test your skills in different environments filled with traps and enemies!
- Cool gameplay elements and level design to top?up the fun!
- True 8?bit NES aesthetics featuring colorful sprites and backgrounds!
- A cute and appealing cast of characters introduced via short, humorous cinematics.
- Encounter countless of various creatures and defeat giant bosses!
- Levels packed with secrets, alternative paths and items to collect!
- Complete the full collection and the various objectives to unlock new features.
- Awesome NES chiptune soundtracks with cool melodies and rousing rhythms!
- Full controller support and customizable controls to feel right at home.