Kalypso Media and Kite Games announced Sudden Strike 4. Sudden Strike 4 will feature bigger battlefields, more units, better graphics, new scenarios and legendary commanders with individual abilities – all of which aiming to make Sudden Strike 4 the most tactical and authentic title in the series to date.
Simon Hellwig, Global Director of Kalypso Media, said:
“Kalypso continues its tradition of reviving and invigorating classic titles and IPs, and the excitement surrounding the announce of Sudden Strike 4 cannot be understated. The team at Kite Games consists of many talented individuals with an outstanding pedigree with World War II RTS titles, and the commitment and passion they are pouring into Sudden Strike 4 confirms that Kite Games is the perfect partner to bring this revered series back to the forefront of the RTS community.”
Developed as a fully-fledged series entry and not a remake or reboot, Sudden Strike 4 will send you off on three extensive campaigns set amongst the battlefields of World War II.
As the press release reads:
“Commanding the British and American, German or Soviet troops, you will lead over 100 different units into battle, including the German bomber Heinkel He111, the Russian T-34 tank, the British Hawker Typhoon fighter plane and the notorious German Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger. In a first for the Sudden Strike series, you can now choose from one of nine individual commanders, such as George Patton or Bernard Montgomery, who will each allow for different approaches to combat and boast unique abilities.”
Sudden Strike 4 will sport over 20 demanding single player scenarios, a challenge-focused skirmish mode, and a competitive multiplayer mode. A new reward system will be present that will reward clever and tactical play, awarding the player with skill points and bonus content, such as historical film footage of the era.
Sudden Strike 4 promises to also offer countless ways to vanquish your opponents. Players will be able to exploit the weak spots of tanks, set up an ambush, occupy buildings with infantry, outmanoeuvre the enemy with clever positioning or unleash devastating air strikes.
Here are the key features of Sudden Strike 4:
- Sudden Strike 4 offers realistic real-time strategy gameplay with tactical depth and a historical setting
- Three campaigns with over 20 missions to test your tactical skills and determining the outcome of significant WWII battles
- As one of nine commanders, lead your army on the battlegrounds of the biggest military conflict in history
- Command more than 100 authentic units – including the Königstiger tank, the Katyusha rocket launcher and the Hawker Typhoon fighter plane
- Pit yourself against other commanders in the competitive multiplayer mode
- The PC version features modding support with Steam Workshop integration
Sudden Strike 4 is currently planned for a Q2 2017 release.