Capcom has announced that the highly anticipated March update for Street Fighter V will be released in two separate drops. The first drop will be on March 28th and will contain the major fixes that Capcom promised, while Alex (alongside the in-game shop) will be coming in the second drop on March 30th.
Here is the content of the March 28th update:
- Challenge Mode
- Demonstrations: Learn the ins and outs of Street Fighter V through helpful demonstration and tutorial content. Contains content for each of the 16 characters, as well as advice geared towards players of all skill levels:
- Beginner Tutorials: 12 lessons covering, movement, normal attacks, special attacks, V-System, throws, counter hits, chip/recoverable damage, etc.
- Intermediate Tutorials: 11 lessons covering projectiles, invincibility frames, armor and armor break, recovery, cross-up attacks, anti-air options, etc.
- Advanced Tutorials: 4 lessons covering back dashing, frame advantage/disadvantage, combo potential, button priority, etc.
- Character Tutorials: 16 lessons covering each individual character.
- Trials: Put your skills to the ultimate test with combo trials for all 16 characters, ranging from basic to pro combos. Completing Trials will also earn you some extra Fight Money.
- Online Rematch Option
- Salty from a close loss online? Want revenge? Players can now play a 2/3 set in Ranked Match and Casual Matches, provided both players accept the rematch.
- Battle Lounge Improvements
- Enjoy up to 8 person lobbies, complete with match spectating.
- Bug fixes and gameplay balancing
- Various game bugs have been fixed, along with minor gameplay balancing. For more details please see the previous post.
And here is what will be coming on March 30th:
- Alex + related character story content
- In-Game Shop
- Fight Money Expenditure: Spend your hard earned Fight Money to purchase extra game content, such as DLC characters (100,000 FM each) and the Story Mode Costumes (40,000 FM each).
Capcom has also announced that the the Zenny (real money) functionality of the in-game shop won’t make it into the March update. Therefore, the team will be offering Alex for free as a trial period to all players, until the Zenny shop launches.
Last but not least, Capcom will be making Ryu and Chun-Li’s story mode costumes available for free to all users on March 30th.