Electronic Arts and DICE have released a new major update for Star Wars Battlefront 2. As promised, this patch makes a lot of changes to its progression system. Star Cards, or any other item impacting gameplay, will only be earned through gameplay and will not be available for purchase.
Furthermore, Crates no longer include Star Cards and cannot be purchased. Crates are earned by logging in daily, completing Milestones, and through timed challenges.
Alongside some balance tweaks, the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update 2.0 adds Ansel support for Nvidia graphics cards in Arcade, adds pre-compilation of shaders on DX12 to reduce stutter during gameplay, and resolves various crash issues.
This patch will be auto-downloaded from Origin, and you can find below its key general improvements and bugfixes (you can find the full release notes here).
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Update 2.0 Release Notes
General Improvements and Bugfixes:
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing in parts of Mos Eisley
- Improved terrain collision on Mos Eisley, to prevent issues with the camera shaking when not intended
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck in the interior of the Hoth base
- Improved collision for structures on Starkiller Base
- Improved collision on Kamino to prevent players from reaching unintended areas
- Improved collision for the cave entrance on Crait
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Naboo
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Endor
- Improved collision on Yavin structures and trees, to prevent the player from getting stuck
- Fixed a few areas where the player could get stuck when playing on Kashyyyk
- Fixed an issue where it was possible for a user to equip Star Cards on a locked slot
- Fixed an issue where the Star Cards were displayed with low opacity after spawning
- Fixed an issue where the user was prevented from joining a group and a server if already in a different group on a different server
- Fixed a front end issue where the yellow “new” marker was incorrectly displayed
- Fixed an issue where the milestone “Heights of Greatness” didn’t track properly
- Fixed an issue where the “Double Your Efforts” challenge was incorrectly translated
- Solved a lighting issue that caused black rocks on Endor
- Solved an issue where the UI elements could start flickering if the player resized the game window
- Fixed an issue where the Aerial units weren’t properly translated
- Misc bugfixes and improved animations for living world creatures on Endor
- Fixed an issue where Heroes were able to enter vehicles after a trooper had exited
- Fixed an issue where the game could get stuck in an unresponsive state if the user performed sign-out and sign-in actions repeatedly
- Fixed an issue where the game would occasionally freeze when navigating to the Collection tab in the front end
- Fixed an issue where loading screens unintentionally caused a high load on some graphics cards
- Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes lose their loadout when continuing a mission in the Campaign
- Resolved various crash issues
- Added Ansel support for Nvidia graphics cards in Arcade
- Added pre-compilation of shaders on DX12 to reduce stutter during gameplay. This can be seen in the loading screens when this process takes place.