Cloud Imperium has released the highly 3.3 alpha version of Star Citizen to its Evocati Test Flight members. Back in August, Cloud Imperium claimed that it targets an October 10th release for Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 and from the looks of it the team will be able to meet this deadline.
According to the release notes, Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 offers an OCS build (Object Container Streaming) that focuses on Beacon Travel (Quantum and Service), Mission System, Interdiction and Death/Respawn, and was available for a limited-time testing.
Other than that, the new 3.3 version increases the motion of mineable asteroid chunks after break up, adds “Scramble Race” style missions, adds the Cyclone TR, AA, and RC variants, updates the turret control system and more.
Below you can find the complete changelog for Alpha 3.3. Our guess is that this build will be made available to all backers during CitizenCon 2018, on October 10th!
Star Citizen Alpha 3.3 Release Notes
- Increased the motion of mineable asteroid chunks after break up.
- Added “Scramble Race” style missions. Scramble races are death races using ships in space, orusing vehicles (Ursa/Cyclone) or Gravlev bikes (Nox/Dragonfly) on moons. Races use a checkpoint system with each player who shoots (ships) or moves over/near (vehicles) a checkpoint accruing a point toward victory. Additionally, players can destroy race leaders to gain their points. Note: This system still has pending tasks to complete and may lack functionality.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added the Cyclone TR, AA, and RC variants.
- Updated turret control system: Switched mouse control to 1 to 1 motion system, reduced turret sensitivity, set-up joystick controls for turrets, and numerous minor tweaks and polish.
- Accounts should no longer 15006 disconnect on first login.
- Turret power prompts on the Constellations should no longer power on/off the entire ship.
- Miles Eckhart should once again be active and working.
- OM points around moons should no longer show as obstructed when quantum routing tries to plot a route around the moon.
- EVA re-entry for the Mustang Omega should now be in a more accessible location.
- Fixed a missing chunk of the rest stop.
- Logging out in the bed of a ship on a moon should no longer teleport the player to the middle of nowhere on the next login.
- Elevator movement should no longer appear out of sync for some players.
- Elevators at Levski should now take their doors with them properly as they move.
- Players should no longer be able to spool their quantum drive in Arena Commander game modes.
- Transitioning from sprint to walk and back should now play smoothly on the HUD.
- Ruto should be working properly.
- Fixed 3 server crashes.
- Fixed 2 client crashes.
- Fixed a server deadlock.
Current Ship List
Gladius, Gladius Valiant, Retaliator, Sabre, Sabre Comet, Hornet F7C, Hornet F7C Wildfire, Hornet F7CS, Hurricane, Terrapin, Mustang Alpha, Buccaneer, Cutlass, Dragonfly, Herald, Merlin, Prospector, Reliant, Starfarer, Starfarer Gemini, 300i, 315p, 325a, 350r, 600i, 85x, Aurora CL, Aurora LN, Aurora LX, Aurora MR, Constellation Andromeda, Constellation Aquila, Nox, Khartu-Al, Ursa, Cyclone variants.