Full Control today announced that digital download service Steam is now accepting pre-orders for Space Hulk, its highly anticipated 3D digital turn based strategy game based on the best-selling board game and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Scheduled for commercial release on August 15th, 2013, the pre-order promotion will offer two limited edition DLC exclusives: a personal banner pole for multiplayer action and a Genestealer skin for single player combat.
Thomas Hentschel Lund, CEO of Full Control said:
“We’ve been sweating away on Space Hulk for several months and are excited to finally unleash our take of this classic, iconic franchise, that perfectly recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single and multiplayer play. As enormous fans of the franchise, we know that this game will drive home with the players and are excited to finally let battle commence”
Space Hulk Features:
• The first Space Hulk video game in 17 years – available on multiple platforms (PC, Mac and iPad)
• Set in the hugely popular Warhammer 40,000 universe – official license of the legendary boardgame from Games Workshop.
• Turn-based tactical strategy game based on the popular and iconic board game mechanics.
• Blood Angel Terminators – Fight the ferocious Genestealers with heroes of the mighty Blood Angels.
• Fearsome Genestealers with challenging AI – meet unforgiving hordes of Genestealers
• Thematic 3D environment – experience the dark labyrinth of a Space Hulk as never before.
• Single player campaign based on the “Sin of Damnation” Space Hulk – Take on the Sin of Damnation campaign, which includes 3 brand new prequel missions and the 12 missions from the classic board game.
• Multiplayer head-to-head recreating the board game experience against a friend – get in the hot seat and battle it out with a friend.
• Cross platform multiplayer between Windows PC, Mac and iOS – play asynchronous against friends and foes on multiple platforms.
Space Hulk launches globally August 15th, 2013 on PC and Mac worldwide.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved - and still does - the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the "The Evolution of PC graphics cards."