Bethesda has finally released the details of its newest update for Skyrim. This new update brings many new mod improvements targeted at Steam Workshop.
First, the Skyrim Creation Kit no longer has a file size limit for Workshop mods. This means you’ll no longer have to venture outside of Steam to places like Nexus Mods for mods larger than 100 MB. This means Steam Workshop will no longer need those annoying multi-part mods that are so large you have to download like 20 parts. It can now be all in one download.
The update also changed the way Mod updates are downloaded. Previously you had to launch Skyrim in order to download the needed updates. Now Mod updates are downloaded like any other game on Steam.
You can Early Beta Access to the update by following the steps below:
- Log into Steam
- Click on your game Library.
- Right click on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Skyrim Beta
- Next from Library, access Tools from the drop down.
- Right click on Creation Kit and select Properties.
- Click on the Betas tab, and from the drop down select beta – Creation Kit Beta
- Steam will now restart. After Steam restarts, Skyrim will be updated to the Beta version currently available.