Well, it took EA and Maxis a while but thankfully the offline update for SimCity has just been released. According to EA’s page, servers are currently closed to all players and the deployment of the game’s latest update has started. In other words, in a couple of minutes you will be able to download Update 10 and enjoy the title in offline mode.
According to its changelog, SimCity’s Update 10 features:
• New: SimCity Single-Player Mode.
– Enables Offline Play.
– Single-Player Mode includes multi-city play, regional interdependence, and city specialization. Regions are saved locally and there is no limit on number of save games.
– Autosave can be disabled in Single-Player Mode in order for players to experiment and load their regions at a previous save point.
– Save As a copy feature. Players can make copies of their regions at multiple save points.
• Performance: Optimizations in the simulator to improve performance of both Multiplayer and Single-Player Mode.
• Friends: Friends Search now uses the Origin friend search.