Steam006 has released a must-have unofficial patch for Silent Hill Homecoming. This patch/mod finally enables 60fps, adds a controllable Field of View, patches hard-coded 720p resolution values and allows for up to 8X multisampling (MSAA).
Furthermore, this unofficial patch allows the game to use 4GB of RAM, patches the resolution of the map and items, adds options to disable DirectX fog, a wireframe mode, wallhack and adds controllable map and item size.
Those interested can download the mod from here. In order to install it, you’ll have to follow this guide.
- Start the game normally and set the resolution of your monitor in the options menu. Exit the game.
- Copy all the files to “steamapps\common\Silent Hill Homecoming\Bin”
- Configure the width and height in Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.ini.
- Start the game with Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.exe.
And here are the full release notes for this unofficial patch.
- Allow 60 FPS
- Window mode (Recommended)
- Patch hard-coded 720p resolution values
- Patch the resolution of the map and items
- Up to 8x multisampling
- Force VSync in fullscreen mode
- Disable DirectX fog (F1)
- Wireframe mode (F2)
- Wallhack (F3)
- Controllable map and item size (F4 and F5)
- Controllable FOV (Page up and Page down)
- Fix for a common crash
- Enable DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on SilentHill.exe
- Allow the game to use 4GB of RAM
- Most of these can be configured in Silent_Hill_Homecoming_PC_Fix.ini