2K Games has announced that Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released on October 24th. In addition, 2K Games released a gameplay walkthrough video for it, and revealed that those who pre-order the game will gain access to the Exoplanet Map Pack DLC.
Here is what the Exoplanet Map Pack DLC features:
• Kepler 186f – This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
• Rigil Khantoris Bb – Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet’s settlement are well-preserved;
• Tau Ceti d – This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
• Mu Arae f – Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
• 82 Eridani e – An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
• Eta Vulpeculae b – A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”