Croteam and Devolver rolled out a new update for their old-school FPS, Serious Sam 3: BFE. Among other things, this update adds Game Time Display and FOV Override option to Advanced Options menu, meaning that you won’t have to type in the console the FOV command to change it. As always, this patch will be auto-downloaded next time you start the Steam client. You can view the entire changelog after the jump. Stay also tuned for our Performance Analysis on Serious Sam 3 this weekend!
Serious Sam 3: BFE Update 3 Changelog:
-Added Show Hints option in Game Options menu.
– Fixed reload animation sometimes being stuck when playing in 3rd person.
– Enemies that somehow manage to fall into void are now killed automatically, so fight scripting doesn’t get stuck. (This is a general safety fix for all levels.)
– Added safeties to make sure Biomech boss on Broken Wings always starts, even if not all enemies are killed before.
– Zooming on weapons with a scope (Devastator, Sniper) is now disabled while player is sprinting.
– Fixed some rare problems when attempting to change weapons while doing melee or throwing a melee trophy.
– Old School Achievement now shows which levels it is fulfilled for. This is visible in checkbox form in achievements menu.
– Fixed text stretching on targeted player name in split screen mode.
– Fixed FOV cvar not being saved
– Fixed wrong subtitles on Khnum Boss fight in Unearthing The Sun.
– Serious Sam Classic Gold is now much more golden.
– Added Game Time Display and FOV Override to Advanced Options menu.
– Added localizations for some strings that were still untranslated.
– Voting now works during loading.
– Implemented vote to force game start (can be used when there are players which have loaded the current level and at least one is ready if using in-menu warmup).