SEGA and Two Point Studios have released a new hotfix for Two Point Hospital that removes the Denuvo anti-tamper tech. Now this is a really clever move as the game has already been cracked. So instead of pissing its legitimate customers off, SEGA and Two Point Studios decided to do the most logical thing and remove Denuvo.
Alongside the removal of Denuvo, this hotfix fixes some crashes on boot, adds logging to help track down further crashes, fixes majority of load fail as well as various cases of bad data getting in to save files.
This hotfix is available on the beta branch and you can access it by following this guide.
- Right-click Two Point Hospital in your game library and select Properties.
- Select the BETAS tab.
- Choose twopointhospital_patch_beta from the drop-down menu.
- The build will start downloading.
We’ll make sure to test the Denuvo-free version of the game and see whether there are any performance or CPU usage differences between them.
Below you can find the complete changelog for this first hotfix for Two Point Hospital.
Two Point Hospital Hotfix v1.02 Release Notes
• Fixed crash on boot, caused by machines reporting that they don’t support 720p
• Fixed crash on boot caused by invalid timezone
• Added logging to help track down further crashes
• Fixed majority of load fails (These were mostly caused by guest trainer or room building. The issue was most commonly seen in Mitten University)
• Fixed various cases of bad data getting in to save files
• Fall backs for characters that were saved in a bad state so that they can pick up what they were doing
• Fixed some issues to do with characters getting the nav fail icon over their head for seemingly no reason
• Fixed characters sometimes switching between behaviors too often
• Fixed doctors behaving weirdly when being interrupted in operating theater
• Fixed characters sometimes teleporting out of rooms
• Fixed VIPs that slide around after loading a save
• Fixed Recurvery machine upgrade causing invalid interaction points, which could cause the room to become broken
• Fixed item placement breaking when you have a clock over a fire extinguisher
• Fixed a occasional problem caused by items being moved to a blueprint
• Fixed localisation error in Settings screen (for German, Chinese and Polish)
• Replaced Denuvo anti-tamper with Steam DRM
John is the founder and Editor in Chief at DSOGaming. He is a PC gaming fan and highly supports the modding and indie communities. Before creating DSOGaming, John worked on numerous gaming websites. While he is a die-hard PC gamer, his gaming roots can be found on consoles. John loved – and still does – the 16-bit consoles, and considers SNES to be one of the best consoles. Still, the PC platform won him over consoles. That was mainly due to 3DFX and its iconic dedicated 3D accelerator graphics card, Voodoo 2. John has also written a higher degree thesis on the “The Evolution of PC graphics cards.”