Mass Effect fans, here is something for you today. Reddit’s moderators ‘Salsadips’ and ‘KYCygni’ were contacted and supplied with proof that a person has had contact with a very early edition of the game. And as you may have guessed, that person has leaked some new information about this upcoming Mass Effect title.
As Reddit’s moderator ‘Salsadips’ noted, the user did not want to ‘post it under an account they control, as he/she felt it would immediately be dismissed as fake and did not wish to be identified.’
Also, this information is based on an early version of the game, meaning that some changes may very well happen in the newer/final builds of the game.
We’ve also marked this story as a rumour, because nothing has been officially confirmed as of yet.
- 2 Squad mates as before, a human blonde and a krogan mentioned
- All squad mates have jetpacks which come into play in exploration
- Omnitool has more functionality, for example a combat shield
- Greater detail in character facial features and models
- Destructible covers (Yay Frostbite!)
- Completely different ship (I take it as a step away from the frigate sized ship that we saw in Normandy and towards a larger ship, perhaps the one seen here )
- Hints at Mako customization
- ‘Pathfinder quarters’ section in the ship
- Main character is referred to as ‘the pathfinder’
- Story revolves around finding a new home for humanity and other races
- New ship travel system (Instead of the old galaxy map) where you manually fly the ship
- Enemies (the main opposing force I assume) are bipedal cross between Vorcha and Collectors
- The (non-human) enemies drop into combat from Cerberus ships (I would assume a placeholder, but if it’s not then it gets interesting)