Crystal Dynamics and Nixxes have released the first PC update for Rise of the Tomb Raider. According to the changelog, this patch introduces a new graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, improves HBAO+ and SLI performance, fixes SLI glitches during water/snow effects, and packs various fixes for a number of bugs. This patch will be auto-downloaded, and you can read its complete changelog below.
Rise of the Tomb Raider – PC Patch 1.0.610.1 Changelog:
Startup issues (Steam Only):
- Fixed C++ runtime error showing up on startup preventing some users from running the game.
- Provided work-around for issue where the VC++ redist would not properly get installed, stopping the game from starting at all.
- Solved problem where the game would crash on startup when tools like Bins Taskbar organizer or Spacedesk are installed.Updated options screen with among other things:
- Independent mouse sensitivity control for aim and regular navigation.
- Mouse and Gamepad X axis inversion
- Option to disable keyboard button prompts.
- Option to disable mouse smoothing (very light mouse smoothing is present otherwise)
Other fixes included in this patch:
- A variety of fixes and improvements to UI including map, basecamps, and Remnant Resistance mode.
- New graphics option ‘Specular Reflection Quality’ to enhance resolution and reduce aliasing of specular reflections, at some performance cost.
- New graphics option to disable film-grain independently from ‘Screen Effects’.
- Improved HBAO+ quality, including better occlusion for distant objects.
- Improved NVIDIA SLI performance. (Steam only)
- Fixed SLI glitches during water/snow effects. (Steam only)
- Resolution Modifier option that allows you to use a lower rendering resolution independent from window size when running in windowed mode.
- Performance optimization for situations where Razer Chroma features are enabled. (Steam Only)
- Improvements to Razer Chroma effects. (Steam Only)
- Fixed an issue that could rarely lead to an error on machines with 16 hardware threads or more.
- Fixed mouse cursor not always being hidden when using gamepad.
- Fixed major stuttering in Endurance mode.
- Fixes for Endurance leaderboards.
- Fixed Remnant Resistance missions occasionally not starting.
- Fixed rendering glitches on some objects on NVIDIA 6×0 and 7×0 hardware. Some issue do still happen and we are working with NVIDIA to resolve those in future patches or drivers.
- Warning messages for users turning textures to Very High or enabling SSAA to indicate high-end hardware is required.
- A variety of other smaller optimizations, bug-fixes, and tweaks.