Totem Arts has released the fifth open beta build for its freeware Command & Conquer: Renegade FPS/TPS remake, Renegade X. Renegade X is a tactical First and Third Person Shooter with Real Time Strategy elements, set in the Command & Conquer universe, in which players fight for two unique teams, manage their own economies, choose from over 30 weapons, 15 vehicles, and call in nuclear strikes, Ion Cannons, and airstrikes, and much more.
This new version adds 6 new vehicles, improves auto-patcher for quick and easy game updates, and packs tons of balance changes and fixes.
Those interested can download Renegade X from here.
Here are the key features of Renegade X Open Beta 5:
• 6 new vehicles: Hover MRLS, Titan, Wolverine, TicTank, Recon Bike, and Buggy. These vehicles are only available in crates, and they are not purchasable. The vehicles are also available on our SDK.
• Improved auto-patcher for quick and easy game updates.
• New crates, including alien abduction, Time bomb, Speed upgrade, and more.
• Oodles of SDK upgrades and fixes.
• Configurable air-drop times for server hosts.
• Spies no longer show player names to enemies
• A destroyed Refinery now gives 1 credit per second to players, and a captured Silo gives 0.5 credits per second.
• Tier one characters (Officer, Rocket Soldier, McFarland, and Chem) are now purchasable and doubled in price when the Hand of Nod and Barracks are destroyed.
• Secondary weapon upgrades price changes.
• Map fixes and changes.
• Tons of balance changes and fixes!