Barnstorm Games today announced that Pro Pinball Ultra is now available on Steam. The game initially launched on iOS, Android and then Steam Early Access, following a successful Kickstarter campaign that garnered the support to bring the series back. As a result, the first table: Timeshock! can now be downloaded from Steam on Windows, Linux and Mac platforms.
As the press release reads, the original development team used the plans of the original and completely recreated the experience for today’s PC and Mac owners, with the addition of some exciting new features. The table has support for 4K displays, access to the Operator’s Menu to customize the table, and now includes high, medium or low views with the option to have the backbox on or off. Pinball aficionados can enjoy further tinkering with Glass-Off-Mode, which allows the player to remove the virtual glass and move the ball around.
Pro Pinball Ultra is available to purchase from Steam for $14.99/£9.99/€14.99.
Adrian Barritt, Head of Development at Barnstorm Games, said:
“We are delighted to have brought Timeshock! back to the personal computer on all of the major formats, it’s really the birthplace of this successful brand. Using today’s technology we have been able to produce a game that has more features and provides and even more authentic simulation experience for pinball fans. It was great to make the game available on Steam Early Access, but with the introduction of the new table angles we can now give consumers the experience that we intended.”
Pro Pinball Ultra takes pinball simulation to heights never before seen, with multiple table views, 4K support and a new lighting engine that really brings the experience to life.
Here are the key features of Pro Pinball Ultra:
- The ultimate pinball physics engine!
- Beautiful photo realistic graphics at spectacular resolutions, including support for 4K.
- Includes: high, medium and low views, with an optional backbox.
- Control the ambient light level – play in the dark with ultra dynamic lighting effects.
- Hundreds of top quality dot-matrix display animations.
- Operator’s Menu lets you customise and experiment with the table.
- Glass-Off Mode – lets you take the virtual glass off the table and push the balls around the table with your finger or mouse.
- Unified world-wide high score Leaderboards.
- More content packed in than many regular tables put together – Multiballs, Wizard Modes, Video Modes, Spinners, Jet Bumpers, Magnets, Drop Targets and just about everything else you can imagine!
- The original games in the popular Pro Pinball series of games were available on PC, Macintosh, PlayStation, Sega Saturn and Sega Dreamcast