Our reader ‘jmx777’ has released a brand new version of his Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod for PREY. Version 1.0 adds high-resolution textures for doors and sofa chairs, and adds an unused high-polygon model for the good health turret state, as well as an unused high-polygon model and textures for the microscope, and Psicotronics containment door.
Moreover, Prey Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics mod version 1.00 fixes the black paint bug that plagued this mod, deactivates the glitch shadows for psychoscope, deactivates more low-polygon LOD models and improves overall performance compared to its previous versions.
Those interested can download the mod from here, and below you can find its complete changelog.
Prey Real Lights plus Ultra Graphics Mod Version 1.00 Release Notes
- Fixed black paint bug, big thanks to jlbiggs for find the solution! Now the game is 100% free of this annoying bug, but TSAA is now cut from the mod.
- Deactivated glitch shadows for psychoscope (thanks to rattkin for feedback).
- Fixed weird blood behavior when hitting mimics whit the wrench (thanks to IamMrSniffles for feedback).
- Improves blood physic on all types of Thypons on death.
- 99.99% free of shadows flickering but may appear some at very higher res, due limitations on the engine on the added shadows.
- More low poly lods models deactivations!
- Adds high res textures for doors and sofa chairs (unused mips for the vanilla ones).
- Adds an unused high poly model and textures for the microscope, and Psicotronics containment door.
- Adds an unused high poly model for the good health turret state.
- Adds a Weapon FOV slider on video options, unfortunately, needs to be set after the level is loaded and the engine retest to default on a new level load, but for some it will be useful.
- More perf gains, up to 4-7fps depending on the scene.
Lighter Version update:
- Tweaked more some variables for lighter CPU utilization.
- Now Lighter version comes with vanilla AO and SSR, that results in nearly 5 to 10 fps increase depending on the scene.