Bluehole has released a brand new patch for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. According to the release notes, this patch replaces some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client and makes changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat.
In addition, this latest update for PUBG fixes a number of issues, like the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing and the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon.
Bluehole also announced that it is going to divide the matching pool depending on ping so that it can improve the game environment for its players. As such, the users with lower pings will be prioritized during matchmaking. The team is expecting to improve the overall play experience by splitting the matching pool rather than restricting connection depending on ping.
Last but not least, the team will unveil its roadmap as well as the new content that will be coming to the game – including a new map – in March.
This latest update is currently available on the test branch and will become available to all players after some testing (most probably later this week). Below you can find its complete changelog.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Update #6 Release Notes
- Replaced some fences in Miramar to unbreakable fences or walls in order to optimize the client.
- When the player is riding in the airplane, they will no longer be able to see the inside of the airplane. This is to improve the early game client and server performance
- Other players will be visible once they jump out of the airplane
- When riding the airplane, you can check the number of remaining passengers via the new UI element at the bottom left of the screen
- When reporting someone through the replay system, we now receive a 1 minute replay file centered on the point of your report
- It is impossible to report through a replay file which has been created longer than a week ago
- It is impossible to report the same player multiple times in the same replay file
- Fixed the issue where the player would die from falling when vaulting and climbing
- Fixed the issue where after reconnecting to the game, the player would get a glitched view when using ADS on their weapon
- Fixed the issue where the player didn’t receive any damage after entering a vehicle from a prone position and then exiting while the vehicle was moving
- Fixed the issue where after entering the vehicle (passenger seat) from prone position and using heal/boost items, the player was shown using the items in prone position instead of sitting down
- Made changes to prevent the reduced heal/boost time cheat