Blizzard and the Overwatch team announced that the game will soon turn two years old and that from May 22 through June 12, players can log in to experience their latest in-game event.
Overwatch Anniversary will bring in a host of new content, including more than 50 fresh cosmetic items and the newest Deathmatch map, Petra. Additionally, the event will bring back all seasonal cosmetic items, as well as some past seasonal brawls. Here are the key features of this Anniversary event:
· The Anniversary event will include more than 50 new items, including eight Legendary skins and three epic skins
· New dance emotes have been added for Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte
YOUR FAVORITES ARE BACK
· The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items, including your favorite dance emotes from last year’s celebration
· Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch: Archives
· The Anniversary event will introduce the brand-new Deathmatch map, Petra
· In addition to Petra, Deathmatch will include a new Competitive Mode, which will feature placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards
· Players who log in for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
· Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
· All previous seasonal event loot will be included in loot boxes for the duration of the event
Furthermore, Blizzard announced that Overwatch and the Anniversary event will be playable during its Free Weekend, which will run from May 25th through May 29th.